(1) Welcome to the Manage My Car Application (“App”) available for download through the iTunes Store or the Google Play Store.
(2) The App enables you to manage all aspects of running and maintainingyourcar(s) including car registration renewals, CTP renewals in NSW, car insurance renewals and payment management, car servicing to manufacturer schedules and car finance management (our “Services”).
(a) the types of Personal Information we collect;
(b) how and when we collect, use, store, disclose and otherwise handle Personal Information;
(c) the purposes for which we collect, use, and disclose Personal Information;
(d) how you may access your Personal Information;
(e) how to update your Personal Information;
(f) how you can make a complaint and how we deal with any such complaint; and
(g) how to contact us.
2. Information we collect
(1) When you install, use, or access the App, we may automatically receive, collect, and record information about you through the App directly and through car dealers who sell a car to you (“Car Dealer”).
(2) The Personal Information we collectfrom you and from Car Dealers is so that we can provide you with our Services.
3. Personal Information
(1) Personal Information is information that we collect and use to identify Users when they register for anaccount (“Account”) on the App, that we collect and use to provide our Services and includes information about an individual from which the individual’s identity is apparent or can be readily identified from the information.
(2) The Personal Information we collect from you and Car Dealers may include:
(a) your name;
(b) your email address;
(c) your mobile number;
(d) car purchase details including car make, model and year;
(e) car registration details including CTP for NSW;
(f) car finance details if arranged by Car Dealer (if car finance is obtained through a third-party, User can upload the details directly through the App during the App on-boarding process); (g) car servicing details; and (h) any other information as specified in the Account interface.
(“MMC Application Information”)
You specifically consent to Car Dealers uploading information and documents to the App in relation to the above MMC Application Information.
(3) We may collect additional information from you at other times, including but not limited to, when you provide feedback, when you provide information about your personal or business affairs, change your content or email preference, respond to surveys and/or promotions, or communicate with our customer support.
(5) Your Personal Information will only be used and stored for the primary purpose for which it was collected and not for any other purpose.
4. How we use your Personal Information
(1) We may the Personal information collected from you and Car Dealers to provide you with our Services.
(2) We may also use your Personal Information for marketing purposes to make you aware of new and additional products, services and opportunities available to you.
(3) We may contact you by a variety of measures including, but not limited to telephone, email, SMS, mail or social media sites.
5. Disclosure of your Personal Information
(1) We may disclose your Personal Information to any of our employees, officers, insurers, professional advisers, agents, suppliers or subcontractors insofar as reasonably necessary for the purposes set out in this Policy.Personal Information is only supplied to a third party when it is required for the delivery of our Services.
(2) You consent to us sharing your Personal Information with car manufacturers to assist with vehicle recalls and notifications and also brand satisfaction surveys. Should you wish to withdraw this consent, please Contact Us.
(3) We may from time to time need to disclose Personal Information to comply with a legal requirement, such as a law, regulation, court order, subpoena, warrant, in the course of a legal proceeding or in response to a law enforcement agency request.
(4) If there is a change of control in our business or a sale or transfer of business assets, we reserve the right to transfer to the extent permissible at law our user databases, together with any Personal Information and non-Personal Information contained in those databases. This information may be disclosed to a potential purchaser under an agreement to maintain confidentiality. We would seek to only disclose information in good faith and where required by any of the above circumstances.
6. Data Ownership
(1) You as a User of the App own all right, title and interest in the Personal Information that you provide to us (your “Data”). You are solely responsible for the accuracy, quality, legality, integrity, reliability and appropriateness of your Data.
(3) We and any related entities own all right, title and interest in any data or information that we create, generate, compile, derive, or produce in connection with the App, including data and information that is:
(a) aggregate or raw or statistical relating to usage, analyses and results of the App;
(b) for the purpose of optimising delivery, commercialisation and performance of our App; and
(c) samples and prototypes, conclusions, techniques, know how, methods, and undocumented findings generated in the usual course of our business.
(1) When you use, or access the App or any third-party platform, including third party service providers, such as Google Analytics, or third-party advertising and links, there may be cookies and similar technologies that store log files to collect information about your use of the App, and other Apps that you visit.
(3) We may use any of the following cookies and technologies to help the functioning of the App and improve User experience:
(a) Strictly necessary cookies: These cookies are necessary for the functioning of the App and help to improve the efficiency of the App for Users.
(b) Analytical/performance cookies: These cookies monitor your use of the App. For example, what pages you visit the most or least.
(c) Targeting/advertising cookies: These cookies help us to provide useful and more targeted advertising.
(d) Functionality cookies: These cookies help us to identify Users, so that we remember your preferences in the App.
(e) We may also use web beacons, action tags, and tracking devices to provide analytical and User data that can help us monitor usage and improve the App.
(5) Some cookies and similar technologies you may be able to disable either via the App or through your browser settings. Please note that by disabling these features, your experience of the App may be slow, restricted, or unavailable.
(1)We are committed to ensuring that the Personal Information you provide to us is secure. We have taken reasonable steps to ensure the security of your Personal Information. We employ appropriate technical, administrative and physical procedures to protect Personal Information from misuse, interference and loss, unauthorised disclosure or alteration.
(2) It is important that you keep your Account secure with your user name and password (“Login Information”). You must not give your Login Information to any other person. You must notify us immediately if you are aware, or believe, that someone other than yourself has access to your Account. You should also take measures, such as changing your Login information regularly, so that your Account is secure. If you forget your Login Information, you may reset your password with your security questions or pin number which you set up when registering your Account.
(4) You also acknowledge that the security of communications sent by electronic means or by post cannot be guaranteed. You provide information to us via the Internet or by post at your own risk. We cannot accept responsibility for misuse or loss of, or unauthorised access to your Personal Information where the security of information is not within our control. No data transmission over the Internet can be guaranteed to be totally secure. You as an individual are responsible for the security of and access to your own device. We encourage you to keep regular backups of all your data and Personal Information. If you suspect any misuse or loss of, or unauthorised access to your Personal Information or any other privacy breach, please let us know immediately.
9. Disclaimer and Limitation of Liability
(1) Your use of our App is at your own risk. The App is provided on an “as is” basis.
(2) We will take all reasonable steps to keep your Personal Information secure but to the maximum extent permitted by law, we exclude all liability for the consequences of any unauthorised access to your Personal Information. This includes (but is not limited to) loss or damage you might suffer because of any of the following:
reliance on the completeness, accuracy, suitability or currency of the App (including third-party material and advertisements);
(b) failure of performance, error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, virus or other harmful component, loss of data, communication line failure, unlawful third-party conduct, or theft, destruction, alteration or unauthorised access to records;
(c) accessing any sites or servers maintained by other organisations through links on the App or any communication from the App. Links are provided for the convenience of users of the App only and without responsibility for the content or operation of those sites (unless otherwise stated, linked sites and the services are not endorsed by us and your linking to any such site is at your own risk);
(d) the provision of financial information, the failure to complete (or delay in completing) any transaction, or other loss or damage arising from any e-commerce transacted or attempted to be transacted on the App.
(3) We disclaim all warranties, express or implied, including but not limited to implied warranties of merchantability and fitness for a particular purpose. We do not warrant that the App will be uninterrupted or free from error or that any defects on the App will be corrected or that the App or servers are free of viruses or other harmful conditions or components.
(4) To the extent permitted by law, we disclaim liability, whether based in contract, tort, negligence, strict liability or otherwise, for damages of any kind (including, but not limited to, direct, indirect, incidental, consequential, special, punitive or exemplary damages) in any way arising from the functionality, operation or the information provided by the App including but not limited to damages arising from interruptions of service or delays in operation or transmission even if we are expressly advised of the possibility of such damages.
12. Law and Jurisdiction
(1) Please be aware that your Data will be stored and processed in Australia where we engage service providers.
13. Access to your Personal Information
(1) The Privacy Act requires us to correct our personal records of Users if they are inaccurate or outdated. Please update your records and your Account via the App, or by Contact Usand providing your updated information.
(2) Please be aware that you may need to provide proof of identity before we can change your records or update your details. We may refuse to provide you with certain information where permitted or required by law.
(3) We reserve the right to refuse to provide you with information that we hold about you, in certain circumstances set out in the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth).
If we use your Personal Information to market and promote our Services, you may notify us at any time that you do not wish to receive marketing or promotional material by contacting us directly or through the “unsubscribe” mechanism in our marketing or promotional emails.
16. Contact Us
(1) Manage My Car’s principal place of business is at Sydney New South Wales.
(2) You can contact us:
(a) by email at firstname.lastname@example.org, or by using the email address published on the Manage My Car App.